Prepared with organically grown veggies, fresh herbs and free range chicken eggs from our Sun Berry Orchard Farm.
- 4 medium zucchini (1 lb) shredded
- 1 medium eggplant (1 lb) shredded
- 2 scallions (spring green onion), finely chopped
- ⅓ cup finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole weat flour
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 0.5 tbsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp extra-vergin olive oil
- salt, spices and ground pepper
- sweet cream organic butter
- sour cream
Peel off the zucchinies and eggplant’s skin. Finely grate veggies. Using sharp knife, chop the fresh scallions and dill. Add the eggs, yogurt, olive oil, salt, pepper and stir. In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking soda. Add it to the veggies and mix all ingredients well. Heat sweet cream organic butter in a skillet. Place heaping tablespoons of mix in skillet half inch apart, allowing room to spread. Flatten veggie pancakes with a spatula if necessary. Veggie ancakes should be about 1/4 inch thick and about 3 inches in diameter. Fry on low heat until golden on one side, then turn and fry again until golden on other side for about 4 to 5 minutes total, so pancakes get quite crisp. Transfer pancakes to a plate. Serve hot with sour cream or plain yogurt.
Support Local Agriculture!
Make a difference in our community by purchasing farm-fresh produce.